Purchasing is at the heart of the supply chain function as the purchasing department can spend up to 70% of a company’s money. In this course, we will explore the strategic role of the purchasing function and how this department can contribute to the entire organization. Supplier evaluation and negotiation will be discussed to maximize the contribution of the purchasing department. Furthermore, the latest innovative techniques for continuous improvement at the purchasing department will be explored.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the important organizational role of the purchasing department
- Use proper negotiation techniques with suppliers
- Evaluate the performance of the department at the macro level
- Decide how to choose the best suppliers for their operations
- Apply the latest innovative purchasing techniques for the 21st Century
The Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) program is for professionals who have demonstrated the skills to successfully implement improved purchasing and supply chain practices as part of a business solution in an organization.