In today’s fast-evolving technology-driven markets, achieving synergy among people, skill sets, and objectives is vital. GULF TRAINING recognises the role that strategy serves to add value to the clientele that it works with. Through discussion and open facilitation GULF TRAINING Management Consultants zero in on organizational challenges and propose alternatives with short terms and long terms action plans.
GULF TRAINING continues to play an integral role in consultancy projects across the Middle East region. These consultancy services are often called on by organizations in key verticals of the region, including: Oil and Gas, Banking & Finance, Health and Safety, Government, Leisure & Entertainment and private start-up companies. The projects have included:
- Job Analysis
- Performance Management Strategies
- Performance Development
- Performance Evaluation & Development Planning
- Performance Management Systems
- Developing Competency Frameworks
GULF TRAINING’s expertise in training and development, coupled with its affiliation with international awarding bodies, promotes ingenuity and insight for design and execution of solutions at all levels of its clientele’s organizations and across all functional units.
- It is a systematic exploration, study and recording of responsibilities, duties, skills, accountabilities, work environments and ability requirements of each job. All these factors identify what a job demands and what an employee must possess to perform a job productively.The process of job analysis involves in-depth investigation of Job Requirements to control and measure the output and impacts the job role has on an organization. The process helps to identify and map what each business unit and/or department requires, with what an employee should deliver. It also helps determine particulars about a job including job title, job location, job summary, and duties through to working conditions, hazardous duties, machines, tools, equipment and materials.
The goal of defining a performance and development program is to assist both performance planning and feedback at the end of the performance period. The benefits of performance planning are surmountable and include, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing skills and abilities consistent with the goals of the organisation
- Improving performance productivity, “working smart”
- Maximising equity in evaluation, recognition, and compensation
- Improving communication and understanding between management and employee
- Developing employee future advancement
- Providing managers with a model to develop, improve and recognise excellence.
Performance Evaluation and Development Planning
Developing Competency Frameworks
What is a competency?
Within the context of professional organizations, it is a required behaviour within a job role. A competence is referenced when describing a basic minimum level of job behaviour and a competency is understood to be a description of performance excellence.
What is a competency framework?
When considering the definitions above, a Competency Framework is a model that broadly defines the blueprint for ‘excellent’ performance within an organisation or sector. Generally the framework will consist of a number of competencies, which can be generically applied to a broad number of roles within the organisation or sector.
Each competency defined must be relevant to the organisation or sector, and use clear language to associate it within the broader context of its placement. For a competency framework to be successful, all employees must be able to understand what ‘excellent’ job behaviour looks like and how that has been defined within their roles, department and organization This common understanding becomes the benchmark against which the performance of an individual, team, project, or the organization is assessed.
By defining the framework the organization is validating its objective of supporting excellence. GULF TRAINING designs holistic competency frameworks embracing all positions and job levels within an organisation. Furthermore, the framework is designed to support and underpin key business processes including (but not limited to):
- Effective recruitment and selection of new staff.
- Effective performance evaluation.
- Identification of skill gaps that result in professional training and development.
- Succession planning.
By defining the framework the organization is validating its objective of supporting excellence.