A quality management system (QMS) is a formalized system that documents processes, procedures, and responsibilities for achieving quality policies and objectives and thus consistently delivering a quality product or service to the customer. A QMS helps to coordinate and direct an organization’s activities to meet customer and regulatory requirements and continually improve its effectiveness and efficiency. The QMS documentation must accurately and succinctly document the organization’s structure, procedures, processes and resources.
A well designed documented system has many benefits, it ensures quality standards are routinely met, minimizes the potential for error, reduces downtime when deviations occur due to being able to quickly access relevant data, and allows for easy monitoring of the processes such that process outputs are analyzed and appropriate adjustments are made. QMS documentation fulfills many functions such as communication of information, providing evidence of conformity and sharing knowledge and as such many different types and levels of documents are needed, for example a quality manual, quality policy, documented procedures and work instructions.
A one-size fits not all approach will work, each document type must be fit for purpose such that it is readily understood by relevant personnel and can be effectively implemented. Documentation must also be lean, as too many documents will result in the processes and respective QMS being harder to both use and maintain while also being bureaucratic. Documentation is also required for regulatory purposes and must demonstrate the effective planning, operation and control of the organization’s processes and the implementation and continual improvement of the effectiveness of its QMS. It is evident that good documentation is critical to a functioning QMS, in fact it forms the foundation of the organization’s QMS as it gives effect to the QMS for the life-cycle of the product/service being delivered.
Contact Gulf Training Team to Find Out More Info About the Training Course.
- Theories, approaches, and best practices used in anti-bribery management system auditing
- Lecture sessions, which are illustrated with case studies inspired by real events and practical exercises based on a case study that includes role-playing and discussions
- Interaction between participants by means of questions and suggestions
Why Gulf Training and Consultation Center?
- We have a large pool of experienced and professional auditors that are qualified internationally.
- The competency of our multi-disciplined auditors adds value and credibility to our certificates.